The official home for discussion surrounding the Minotti brothers' long-running gaming podcast.
User

Ajguy

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 am

Cranberry Township, PA

Favorite Genres

Action, Adventure, Role Playing, Puzzle, Strategy

Now Playing

Titanfall, Wolfenstein: New World Order, Shovel Knight

Show #332 – Hitched And Twitched

by Ajguy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:00 pm

http://ebpodcast.com/2014/08/07/show-33 ... -twitched/

Notable things we talked about:

EA Access vs. PS Now: Who's a better value?
A new, last gen Assassin's Creed
Do Twitch's new policies upset you?
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

Re: Show #332 – Hitched And Twitched

by Angry Jedi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:45 am

Not listened to the show yet, but quick answers from me to these:

EA Access vs. PS Now: Not interested in either. I prefer to own my games -- preferably physically where possible -- and I don't have a lot of faith in streaming tech at the moment.

A new, last-gen Assassin's Creed: Give it a fucking rest, Ubisoft. This franchise has got to the stage where I now have no desire whatsoever to even try and catch up with it, because it has seen so very many releases. As for it being last-gen? Well, good on them. PS3 and 360 don't magically stop being relevant or functional because PS4 and Xbone are out.

Do Twitch's new policies upset you?: Nope. Don't give a toss about Twitch, personally -- I still see very little point or appeal in streaming besides things like e-sports tournaments -- though I can see how these changes would annoy dedicated streamers. But really this is no different to existing rules for broadcasting copyrighted music -- rules you might argue that are outdated, but rules nonetheless. Where they obviously need some tweaking is when game audio is being flagged as copyrighted music and muted -- that's just stupid.
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

Re: Show #332 – Hitched And Twitched

by Alex Connolly » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:04 am

Abe's Oddysee...

I definitely think it deserved a redux, and thank the heavens it appears faithful. We saw the Flashback reissue and how utterly flaccid the 'reinvention' was. People carry on about 8bit/16bit platformers, but the true artistry for me came with the Out Of This World/Another World descendants. The Oddworld games are, in my opinion, the pinnacle. They're artistically visionary, wry, feature tough but fair puzzle DNA and have such lavish sound design. It was WipEout and Abe that sold me on the 32bit era being the birth of something special and more adult, rather than just prettier mascot platformers.

Abe is pretty special. One of my favourite, if not THE favourite, gaming worlds.

I'm glad JAW didn't mess about. Can't wait to play it on Vita.