The official home for discussion surrounding the Minotti brothers' long-running gaming podcast.
User

Ajguy

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 am

Cranberry Township, PA

Favorite Genres

Action, Adventure, Role Playing, Puzzle, Strategy

Now Playing

Titanfall, Wolfenstein: New World Order, Shovel Knight

Show #340 - Middle Earth: Arkham Creed

by Ajguy » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:42 am

http://ebpodcast.com/2014/10/08/show-34 ... ham-creed/

Sorry we're late! There were several weddings to deal with last week. But don't worry, we played a lot of Smash Bros. and Shadow of Mordor. Did you? Here's the rest of what we talked about.

Does 900p resolution across both versions of Assassin's Creed: Unity get you riled up?
Disappointed you can't use a GameCube controller with Mario Kart 8?
Did anyone actually play DriveClub yet?
User

Raven2785

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 am

The caustic bucket that is New Jersey in the US

Favorite Genres

RPGs, Visual Novels, FPSs (Both single and multiplayer) Racing, and anything that might have a unique hook or story

Now Playing

Dust: an Elysian Tail, Saint's Row, Payday 2, Drakengard 3, NFS Shift

Re: Show #340 - Middle Earth: Arkham Creed

by Raven2785 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:08 am

#1. Nope, didn't even know this was a thing till you guys talked about it, and it's ridiculous to even discuss it "Oh noes, my game doesn't run at 1080P" guess what buddy? neither do your HDTV signal or your Netflix, I don't see you crying about that.

I reached my This-is-good-enough graphics treshold back in the PS2 era, to me everything looks awesome now, if I complain about something it'll be the art, good art makes for a great looking game, bad art makes it look bland.

#2. Smash Bros. fans in general need to let go of their fixation with the Gamecube controller, it was a great controller, we get it, learn to use something new.

#3. I haz no PS4 yet, so no.
no avatar
User

Elanzer

Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 pm

United Kingdom

Favorite Genres

Grand strategy, Tactics, Role-playing, Shooters

Re: Show #340 - Middle Earth: Arkham Creed

by Elanzer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 am

Hi, new around here, part-time listener for a fair while, may as well chip in.

I don't own either console and dropped the Assassin's Creed series after 2, so I don't really have a stake in any of this business. That said, I would probably be less cranky about the actual effects of the graphical downgrade itself as I would the fact that the decision had been made to sell me a gimped product based on the assumption that if it were permitted its full potential that I would naturally go online and rub it in people's faces how my console of choice is marginally more powerful than another.

More importantly though, I'm not sure why Ubisoft would care regardless. Have resolution scandals really got to the point where developers feel threatened that those that get the short end of the stick might actually start blaming them for it? I'm not sure I buy it. Ubisoft aren't the brightest bunch by any means, but I'd sooner look for the real explanation from those benefiting most from such a decision.