The official home for discussion surrounding the Minotti brothers' long-running gaming podcast.
User

Ajguy

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 am

Cranberry Township, PA

Favorite Genres

Action, Adventure, Role Playing, Puzzle, Strategy

Now Playing

Titanfall, Wolfenstein: New World Order, Shovel Knight

Show #334 - My Wife Is Mobile

by Ajguy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:40 pm

http://ebpodcast.com/2014/08/21/show-33 ... is-mobile/

Here's some of this week's talking points!

Is it a big deal that a lot of publishers are stopping M rated production for Wii U?
Excited for the Pokemon Trading Card Game on iPad?
Believe the latest Smash Bros. leaks?
Anyone else playing Diablo 3 on consoles?
User

asatiir

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 am

Dubai, UAE

Favorite Genres

SRPG, turnbased strategy, Point and Click Adventures

Now Playing

Fallout 4, Destiny, Binding of Isaac

Re: Show #334 - My Wife Is Mobile

by asatiir » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:48 am

- I still don't have a WiiU, I'd be more worried about having the console than having M-rated games on it. Besides that, age rating is the last thing I look in a game, unless I try to find games for my kid sister who is already quite savvy when it comes to games.

- I was excited about Hearthstone and fell off the wagon pretty quickly even when I had friends to play with.

- I'm gonna be spectating Smash more than playing it, so can't really comment.

- I was thinking I might get Diablo 3 on PS4 for couch multiplayer with certain friends but like the majority of my friends, I've played the heck out of the PC version.

(note: you guys pronounced my real name right in previous episodes, don't worry about it. :p asatiir is pronounced a-saa-tear, so you got the double ii bit right.)
Last edited by asatiir on Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

Re: Show #334 - My Wife Is Mobile

by Angry Jedi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:45 pm

- Nope. I like the fact that Wii U distinguishes itself from the other consoles. Focusing on mostly family-friendly fare is a good way to do that -- and it's not as if there will be no M-rated titles, anyway, what with Bayonetta 2 and the like. Ubisoft? Meh. Haven't really cared about their output for a long time.

- Not in the slightest. Don't really care about Pokémon, and I really don't enjoy digital card games as much as their tabletop counterparts. There's something a lot more satisfying about flinging real cards around -- that and having a physical collection.

- Ever since my time working in the press -- and my time with Apple, for that matter -- I've made a point to ignore "leaks". Sometimes they're true, sometimes they're not. It's frustrating waiting for a marketing team to drip-feed information, but I'd rather have accurate information than speculation. So my answer here is "no, but I haven't looked".

- Nope. Fell off the Diablo wagon a long time ago. Bought Reaper of Souls and barely played it, and I'll tell you why: Blizzard's stupid region-locked servers. I beat the original Diablo III on the North American servers and thus would have been able to jump straight into Adventure Mode after clearing just the new Act. Unfortunately, the release of Reaper of Souls coincided with my UK-based friends wanting to play Diablo III again, and all of them wanted to try Adventure Mode. Unfortunately, none of us had even come close to clearing the campaign on UK servers, and thus I was faced with the prospect of having to play the whole damn thing through again, which I really didn't want to do. (This is also why I've never got into Hearthstone; the people I might want to play with are split across two different regional server clusters.)

My multiplayer RPG-ing is covered nicely by FFXIV for the immediate and foreseeable future. Totally different style of gameplay, of course, but it appeals to me more than Diablo's hack-and-slash.