A rolling to-do list where we can centralize all gripes about the new site in one place. Beige will work through suggestions posted here in a (hopefully) timely fashion, as we work through our growing pains.

To adjust: Mobile theme

User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

To adjust: Mobile theme

by Angry Jedi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:57 pm

CPAssassin wrote:Hey, guys. I'm new to the site, but I have some questions. I suppose they could also be counted as suggestions. I apologize if any of this comes off as ignorant since I really have no idea what goes into building a website.

• Have there been any suggestions made or consideration given to condensing the user's information that appears next to their logo? I'm finding that because there's so much of it, just to follow a conversation, I'm doing a lot of what I think is unnecessary scrolling on my phone. Maybe it appears differently using a PC, but underneath the user's profile picture on an iPhone, there is a lot of gray space because the text for the user's profile takes up a lot of room and runs down longer than the height of the picture. If everyone feels that all of that information should be present everytime a user posts, then maybe it could wrap around under the profile picture to reduce scrolling and eliminate the empty space.

• Also, how about an option to enter and display our real names?

Thanks for the time and consideration!
- Jay

Reposted from another thread as a separate to-do item.

Mobile experience is less than it could be at present, though we knew that already since it hasn't had a lot of attention paid to it just yet. The mini-profiles next to each post should be either condensed or removed when viewed on mobile, in my opinion, to help conversations on handheld devices flow a bit more easily and naturally and minimise scrolling.
User

asatiir

Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 am

Dubai, UAE

Favorite Genres

SRPG, turnbased strategy, Point and Click Adventures

Now Playing

Fallout 4, Destiny, Binding of Isaac

Re: To adjust: Mobile theme

by asatiir » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:57 pm

I suggested this in the previous forum for that: https://tapatalk.com/