A rolling to-do list where we can centralize all gripes about the new site in one place. Beige will work through suggestions posted here in a (hopefully) timely fashion, as we work through our growing pains.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: Feature Wishlist

by Beige » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:17 am

RSS is DONE, notice the SIGINT RSS feed now in the tab at the top of the page.

I'll work on setting up direct RSS feeds for all the individual forums at some point later. We may have to add a mod to handle it correctly, but we should be able to subcribe to individual forum feeds.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Beige » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:19 am

We need to think of a way to retire or move some of these feature wishlist items to a "completed" folder. Knocking them down!
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Beige » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:03 am

Also, everybody remember to refresh your cache regularly especially on the mobile devices. Style sheet be changing regularly.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

Re: Development Updates

by Angry Jedi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:38 pm

Renamed and stickied this thread so Beige can use it to provide us with updates on how development/tweaks are going.

If you have specific issues or suggestions, please make a new thread for each item so we can tick them off as we go.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:13 pm

You can now upload images (2MB maximum, 3 images per post max for now -- let me know if this is too little) and embed them in your posts.

Use the "Upload Attachment" option at the bottom of the post editor to do so, then the "Place Inline" button once it's uploaded to include it in your post. You can also use this to attach other files to posts if necessary, within the 2MB limit. (EDIT: Certain file types are restricted; at present you may only upload images or archive files. If we have a burning need to be able to upload other file types, we can enable that functionality as necessary.
no avatar
User

CPAssassin

Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:57 pm

by CPAssassin » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:30 pm

Hey, guys. I'm new to the site, but I have some questions. I suppose they could also be counted as suggestions. I apologize if any of this comes off as ignorant since I really have no idea what goes into building a website.

• Have there been any suggestions made or consideration given to condensing the user's information that appears next to their logo? I'm finding that because there's so much of it, just to follow a conversation, I'm doing a lot of what I think is unnecessary scrolling on my phone. Maybe it appears differently using a PC, but underneath the user's profile picture on an iPhone, there is a lot of gray space because the text for the user's profile takes up a lot of room and runs down longer than the height of the picture. If everyone feels that all of that information should be present everytime a user posts, then maybe it could wrap around under the profile picture to reduce scrolling and eliminate the empty space.

• Also, how about an option to enter and display our real names?

Thanks for the time and consideration!
- Jay
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Angry Jedi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm

CPAssassin wrote:Hey, guys. I'm new to the site, but I have some questions. I suppose they could also be counted as suggestions. I apologize if any of this comes off as ignorant since I really have no idea what goes into building a website.

• Have there been any suggestions made or consideration given to condensing the user's information that appears next to their logo? I'm finding that because there's so much of it, just to follow a conversation, I'm doing a lot of what I think is unnecessary scrolling on my phone. Maybe it appears differently using a PC, but underneath the user's profile picture on an iPhone, there is a lot of gray space because the text for the user's profile takes up a lot of room and runs down longer than the height of the picture. If everyone feels that all of that information should be present everytime a user posts, then maybe it could wrap around under the profile picture to reduce scrolling and eliminate the empty space.

• Also, how about an option to enter and display our real names?

Thanks for the time and consideration!
- Jay

Hey Jay, thanks for clarifying.

The mobile theme hasn't really been touched from the default settings aside from some basic styling. I agree that it's too busy at the moment; on PC, having the "mini-profile" on every post works nicely due to positioning, but on mobile phones in particular it breaks the flow of conversation somewhat. It should probably be simplified somehow -- though exactly how I'm not sure; that's what Mark (Beige) is here for, since he knows about these things! He has just been on a Grand Tour of the UK, though -- including stopping in at my place for a fun few days -- and I'm not sure when he's back in the Great White North. I'm sure he'll make himself known when he's more available.

Enter and displaying real names should be no problem -- that'll just be a custom profile field. I can probably get that set up myself. I'll take a look at it either tonight or tomorrow.

Copying these points into separate threads to add to our "to-do" list.
Previous