A rolling to-do list where we can centralize all gripes about the new site in one place. Beige will work through suggestions posted here in a (hopefully) timely fashion, as we work through our growing pains.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

To implement: Announcement box for index page

by Angry Jedi » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:07 pm

Here's a mod that will do it: http://www.phpbbmods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=207

Not sure how to install it, though, so I'll leave it to you, Beige. That way it's not my fault if something breaks. :)

This should provide something like we had on the old free forum, where we included a brief welcome message and a call to action for new members with a link to the "Introductions and Reacquainting" thread. The announcement can be updated whenever there's an event of some description -- perhaps an organised mission, a podcast or a game night -- but the most important thing is the welcome message and link to the Introductions thread, I think, otherwise it could be daunting for new members to know where to start.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: To implement: Announcement box for index page

by Beige » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:07 pm

No worries. If I can't get this installed today, we can always do it whilst I'm there in the UK!
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:57 pm

Work in progress on this, as you can all probably see. Forums are back up, in the meantime.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Angry Jedi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:34 pm

Still to do: fancy CSS formatting so it's in keeping with the rest of the site. Beige and Rampant are in the UK for a while, though, so this may have to wait since I'm not sure how confident I am with tweaking the site's files! We'll see.