A rolling to-do list where we can centralize all gripes about the new site in one place. Beige will work through suggestions posted here in a (hopefully) timely fashion, as we work through our growing pains.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

RESOLVED: "History" button doesn't link to anything

by Angry Jedi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:21 am

Up on the toolbar at the top, this should link to the static page, and I believe it used to, but now it doesn't. Is there a means of changing that in the ACP or is it just a case of tweaking the template again?
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: "History" button doesn't link to anything

by Beige » Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:20 pm

Yeah, to edit those top level nav items you have to actually edit the global_header.php file (either directly or through FTP pulldown / re-upload) which is located inside the themes/templates folder.

I've pointed 'history' at the moment to page.php?p=about

Which is the page I created inside the .MODS tab of the ACP. It lets you create static pages within PHPBB as opposed to static HTML. It needs some styling help, but we can start writing copy and creating static pages.

In order to rewrite that URL from its crazy longform to the more succinct (and SEO friendly) /history we will need to edit the .htaccess file, which I can do easily... just not right at this second.

You have to 'purge cache' to get any of this kind of thing to take after you make edits. Do this from inside the general tab of the ACP.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: "History" button doesn't link to anything

by Beige » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:16 am

This is done, BTW. I've performed the necessary .htaccess update.

From now on, if you create a static page through the ACP (.MODS tab) you can link to it directly at www.squadronofshame.com/nameofyourpage

For example, clicking "history" in the nav now takes you to /about which will automagically map to the "about" page set up in the ACP. Go nuts and make lots of static pages.