A rolling to-do list where we can centralize all gripes about the new site in one place. Beige will work through suggestions posted here in a (hopefully) timely fashion, as we work through our growing pains.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

RESOLVED: Possible theme bug?

by Angry Jedi » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:22 pm

On one of my computers, the site was loading the old blue theme at seemingly random moments. Flushing the cache of my browser seems to have caused it to latch on to the new theme permanently, but if there's some means of forcing a refresh for those who still have the old theme cached, that might be worth doing.
Last edited by Angry Jedi on Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Resolved.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: Possible theme bug?

by Beige » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:46 pm

It's a combination of two things:
a) A cached CSS stylesheet
b) To complicate matters more, the site caches colors defined in the theme file in the database, so you have to manually go to the ACP and select "flush cache" and/or Styles->theme->refresh to see any updates created through actual CSS file uploading.

I have done a little work running some icons through photoshop to color tweak blue into red and whantot but there are plenty of color stragglers in strange places in the code, especially in mobile which hasn't been rigorously tested. Just keep sending me instances where you see style discrepancies and we'll iron them out slowly.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Theme's a bit of a mess on mobile at the moment -- the menu's a bit cluttered, it's still blue and the labels don't line up with the buttons very well. As you say, though, mobile hasn't been rigorously tested, but that's the main issue I'm seeing. The site itself appears to work just fine.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

by Beige » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:40 pm

Be sure to refresh your css, Pete
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Angry Jedi » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:02 pm

Magic! Much better.