Off-topic chat. Kick back and relax with a whiskey and a cigar as we chew the fat about anything and everything other than games.
no avatar
User

Teryn

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 am

Re: Whatcha Watchin'?

by Teryn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:46 am

Hopefully Sailor Moon Crystal on Crunchyroll, at least once we get a signal booster for the wireless internet. The phone cabling in our ancient building is an enemy of all things game, audio and movie related electronics.

In the meantime, I nearly killed my poor lappy with the minimum streaming quality to see the first SMC episode (since it's closer to the wireless connection). Very strict to the ideas in the original manga,
Spoiler: show
and since I know some Japanese, I know most of the dialogue is almost word-for-word from the original manga!
Less silly Usagi and outright goofiness, probably more sad things to come because the tragic past is quite explicitly implied in even the opening sequence.

Oh, and a new season of Hotel Hell premiered recently. I love Gordon Ramsay's shows, his sensibility really cuts through a lot of the BS in businesses. Haven't found Master Chef anywhere on ATSC broadcast in my area yet.

Um, anyone else into various video game personalities on YouTube? (I don't blame anyone for leaving the rest of the post unread if this is not someone's cup of tea.)

- Glenn Plant for his fantastic N64 coverage
- Cynus Destroyer because he's, well, he's the original dork and plays it up quite well
- Clyde Mandelin because I love his Legends of Localization site... still haven't watched his captured livestreams
- Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka's Gaming Garbage is a repository of Windows gaming hell
- Vinesauce is incredibly funny, even when he's not trying to be. His game corruptions are nightmare fuel and hilarious at once.
- Angry Video Game Nerd (cinemassacre), for the angry 6-year-old throwing NES controllers in all of us.
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

by Alex Connolly » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:30 pm

Rolling back into another rampage through The Shield. What an important show that was. Anyone who figures it to be 'just another cop show' is missing out. Fiery, multi-faceted, sports one of serialised drama's most abrasive leads...while Walter White allowed audiences a relatively large run-up of pathos before his spiral, Michael Chiklis' Vic Mackey was unrelenting and unapologetic the entire way.

What a cast of characters, too. Goddamn.

Dunno if it'd be worth a shot for Mark and Lynette in their TV funk, but outside of Utopia and The Knick, I wonder if it'd be something to put on the platter.
User

BusyZombieLord

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Maine

Real Name

Lou

Favorite Genres

RPG, Adventure, and Story Driven

Now Playing

Secret of Mana, Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3, Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon for PS2

by BusyZombieLord » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:12 am

Has anyone been watching the new season of Doctor Who? I usually wait until the season show up on Netflix but my excitement for the new Doctor got me to buy the whole season on amazon. I really enjoy Peter Cappaldi as the Doctor but have found the episodes a bit lack luster. He is well written but everyone else feels one dimensional. The over arching story is interesting but each episodes story is uninteresting.
Previous