Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...
User

Bowley

Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Now Playing

Games everyone played 5 years ago.

Re: Hope Springs Eternal - Crowdfund / Early Access Thread

by Bowley » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:24 pm

CC: Alex Connolly
Incoming turn-based Battletech game Kickstarter coming this Fall 2015.

Expectations are low.
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

by Alex Connolly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:05 pm

By the Shadowrun geezers, though. They make quality.

Were it the overreaching bozos behind Jagged Alliance Flashback, I'd be inclined to dismiss outright!
User

RedSwirl

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Favorite Genres

Man I don't know.

Now Playing

Fallout 4

by RedSwirl » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:34 pm

This game called Sky Rogue is coming to Early Access this week. I've been watching it since one of the earliest alphas started on the developer's website and it was still free (it became a $10 buy-in in January). The game: Ace Combat with circa 1994 flat-shaded SEGA Model 1 graphics. I've watched the game develop into a decently filled-out experience with a lot of substance behind its style.

So far however I have only purchased one Early Access game -- Interstellar Marines.

I think this game has been in development in one form or another since like 2005 or something. It even suffered a failed Kickstarer, but from what I can tell the developers are still trying, offering healthy updates every few weeks. Think Rainbow Six 3, or maybe any tactical FPS with open level design from between 1997 and 2005, but sci-fi and space and stuff. The second "campaign" level they currently have playable feels like a mix between a Rainbow mission and System Shock 2. Mostly IM is a multiplayer affair right now. The developer pushes its updates through multiplayer first, then co-op, then finally into the few parts that are playable solo. I also think they just worked the whole game into Unity 5.
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

by Alex Connolly » Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:01 am

Thumbs up to both games mentioned, Red.
Previous