Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...

King's Quest is out.

User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

King's Quest is out.

by Angry Jedi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Anyone dipping in? Early reviews are very positive indeed. I didn't even know this existed until I happened to look at the PSN store the other day.

No Roberta and Ken involvement, from what I understand, but it looks pretty charming.
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

Re: King's Quest is out.

by Beige » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:39 pm

You know I'm in for this. Wasn't the KQ retrospectacular something we did together back in the day?
User

A.I Impaired

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Ottawa, ON

Favorite Genres

Computer RPG's

Now Playing

Doom, Overwatch, Dark Souls

by A.I Impaired » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:15 pm

Im absolutely getting on this. My only hesitation has been that if I buy episode 1 now, I am unsure how long I will have to wait for the next one... and if I even want to wait, or just play them all when all episodes are out.
This is the kind of whimsical adventure I have been craving for some time.

I am curious to see from a scale of KQV to Telltale's recent games where we end up.
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Played a couple of hours today.

It's good. Real good. Lots of sly references to the originals.

If a throwaway line is to be interpreted correctly, there will be more "in the spring", and you'll go to the South of Daventry. Don't know if that means Episode Two, or just another episode in the series will be around then.
User

A.I Impaired

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Ottawa, ON

Favorite Genres

Computer RPG's

Now Playing

Doom, Overwatch, Dark Souls

by A.I Impaired » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Been playing episode 1 with my GF. Resounding success! She is right there with me trying to sort the puzzles out, captivated by the games character. As an entry in such a long standing franchise I feel like this game takes things where it needs to go, slightly more jovial, more cinematic, and easy to control. The pacing is snappy, which I like, the older games do drag on in parts. Overall, it makes me insanely happy that this exists. I just hope for good sales.