Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

428: Shibuya Scramble, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Definitive Edition

GTA V is going to be huge in machinima

by Angry Jedi » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:45 am

Knocked this up in about five minutes. (I know, I know, it shows.)

The in-game video editor is impressively comprehensive; I feel I've barely scratched the surface with this brief exploration. Really interested to see what people will come up with.
User

A.I Impaired

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Ottawa, ON

Favorite Genres

Computer RPG's

Now Playing

Doom, Overwatch, Dark Souls

Re: GTA V is going to be huge in machinima

by A.I Impaired » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:06 pm

If its as easy as all that, I see the potential.
Games are definitely trying to find ways to keep an audience invested, judging from the plethora of games servicing their player base with updates. Interested to see what comes of this, and how this changes how people relate to GTA on the internet. Will we see a competitor to Gary's Mod and Source Film maker here? I like to think that with enough customization, along with the rising standard of these games graphics... we could see really creative new types of CG film projects published online that are competitive with other professional industry fare but with a low bar for technical knowledge. I see some evidence of this peeking out through source film maker. Could this break and reform the industry for CG short films the way the internet has done for countless other media forms?
I guess ill have to wait and see. All said though... creative expression is pretty accessible these days, which is exciting.