Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...
no avatar
User

Teryn

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 am

Toronto Area Squaddies Gaming Night

by Teryn » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Would you crazy people I've met at Snakes and Lattes (or haven't met yet) be interested in a gaming night at my place? I have a Wii, a Linux PC with a couple multiplayer gems (with 4 controllers), and room for board games anyone may care to bring. If anyone has some multiplayer Wii or Gamecube favourites, feel free to bring some of them. There's good guest parking at my address, anyone driving would pay nothing to stay late. There's a no frills nearby, for anyone that wants more snacks.

Tenatively, the date for this will be next Saturday, January 17th, at 6pm, if that works with everyone else's schedule. I'm not going to post my physical address here, but please e-mail me to RSVP and get that information, or we could exchange phone numbers to better coordinate together.

llirium@gmail.com
User

Grant Heaslip

Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:23 pm

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re: Toronto Area Squaddies Gaming Night

by Grant Heaslip » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 pm

I'm up for it. FWIW, I've got a couple of Wii Remotes and Classic Controllers, and I believe I have 2-3 GameCube controllers kicking around somewhere. Not sure if there's already an email thread going, but I figured I should check in publicly.
no avatar
User

Teryn

by Teryn » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:48 pm

Love to have you aboard, then. :) We only really need a fourth nunchuk for the Wii and one wavebird for any GCN games, other than that, we're pretty much set.

No one else has said anything yet. We'll have four on board including you, myself and my family, which would be good for anything multiplayer.

Oh... we have Smash Bros. Melee, if that helps. ;)
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

by Beige » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:36 pm

Hey all - sorry to be absent for a week, hot water heater drama combined with a busy work schedule kept me from being able to check I as often as I like.

I think Lynette and I would be down for more games of the digital or analog variety, either or. I had fun at snakes, would be up for Smashing or whatever. Sorry to go quiet this weekend, but it sounds like things were nuts for more than just me.

I'll h p into the gmail loop once I get back in keyboard range.
no avatar
User

Teryn

by Teryn » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:12 pm

Last call, please send an e-mail RSVP. Doesn't matter if it's last minute or not, still not many takers atm.

Don't worry about household problems getting in the way, Beige, getting a good machine up and running is bound to be really important, and I'm sure you'll be back around when you're able. :)