Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...
User

RedSwirl

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Favorite Genres

Man I don't know.

Now Playing

Fallout 4

So... That Steam Curator...

by RedSwirl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:34 am

http://store.steampowered.com/curators/

That's kind of like... the Squad's thing right?
no avatar
User

Teryn

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 am

Re: So... That Steam Curator...

by Teryn » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:36 am

So it's sort of like a GOGmix? (A list of games put together around a chosen theme or person. TotalBiscuit has a GOGmix all his own, for example.)
User

Angry Jedi

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:10 pm

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

JRPGs, visual novels, adventures

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

That is so totally our thing. I'll look into it later today.
User

RedSwirl

Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:22 pm

Favorite Genres

Man I don't know.

Now Playing

Fallout 4

by RedSwirl » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:40 pm

Teryn wrote:So it's sort of like a GOGmix? (A list of games put together around a chosen theme or person. TotalBiscuit has a GOGmix all his own, for example.)

From what I can tell it's a bit more generalized, or at least that's how it's presented. There already publications putting up their own Steam curator pages to be constantly followed for updates.
User

Raven2785

Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 am

The caustic bucket that is New Jersey in the US

Favorite Genres

RPGs, Visual Novels, FPSs (Both single and multiplayer) Racing, and anything that might have a unique hook or story

Now Playing

Dust: an Elysian Tail, Saint's Row, Payday 2, Drakengard 3, NFS Shift

by Raven2785 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:22 pm

So, what do we need to set up our own "Squad recommends" page in there?
User

Beige

Rank

Site Admin

Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:54 am

Favorite Genres

Arthouse, conceptually audacious, thinky, polarizing, masocore

Now Playing

Witcher 3, Axiom Verge, Monster Hunter 4 (STILL), Invisible Inc.

by Beige » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:26 am

This new Steam thing is the god-damned devil. I brushed up against it and 40 dollars flew out of my wallet. All sorts of stuff I'd been meaning to try for years.... Rochard, Auquaria, etc... forgotten about and then BOOM back in effect.

Anyway, yes, obviously we, collectively, are qualified to be 'curators', if anyone on the Internet is. In fine hipster tradition we can definitively say that the Squad was doing this BEFORE it was cool. Hell, the Squadron of Shame has been alive longer than half these so-called you-tube stars. I say let's get this going ASAP and maintain a collection of only the best for our adoring public. What a fine thing to come along in conjunction with the return of audio.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

Sword Art Online: Re:Hollow Fragment, The Fruit of Grisaia, Hyperdimension Neptunia U, Final Fantasy XIV

by Angry Jedi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:39 am

Now I've got most of the podcasts linked on here, I'll start adding stuff to our Steam Curator page when I have a moment, since we can link our recommendations to our podcast episodes. Neat, huh?

There's a few podcasts still missing, but I should hopefully be able to get those uploaded over the weekend.
no avatar
User

Teryn

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 am

by Teryn » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:45 pm

Would it be acceptable to make a GOGmix as well? I mean, I'm wary of Steam because of their sometimes-invasive DRM, but that's no reason for me not to want spread the SoS's collective wisdom further, hm? ;)

You can also put in a few words along with each game, probably a few paragraphs at the most. I'd be willing to cross-reference to see what's on GOG's catalogue as well.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Angry Jedi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Yes, I was planning on a GOGmix as well, since there are some titles on GOG that aren't on Steam and vice-versa. I haven't looked into that feature at all, though, so I don't know how much detail you can put in. I'll have a look over the weekend.
User

Angry Jedi

Real Name

Pete Davison

Favorite Genres

Now Playing

by Angry Jedi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:58 pm

Squad Steam Curator is up, currently with the games we have SquadCasts for that are available on Steam. I'll look into a GOGmix over the weekend.

Join the SoS Steam group (or just follow the curator page) to see our picks.
Next