Talk about anything and everything Squad-related here -- what you've been playing, what you're looking forward to, and how big your Pile of Shame has grown after that last Steam sale...
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

Re: "Vita games aren't selling!" Then try stocking them.

by Alex Connolly » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:23 am

I only *just* got around to signing up to PS+ again. I can see where Pete is coming from, but realise now I'd prefer the discounts to the (temporary) freebies. Most games launch with a + discount, and if they launch for free due to the service, it's only a month (or shorter?) before it's back to being paid for.

I dunno. I'm just about those discounts.
User

BusyZombieLord

Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:15 pm

Maine

Real Name

Lou

Favorite Genres

RPG, Adventure, and Story Driven

Now Playing

Secret of Mana, Diablo III Ultimate Evil Edition for PS3, Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs Zeon for PS2

by BusyZombieLord » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:54 am

I bought a Vita in March and have had a blast with it. Best investment I ever made was getting Plus right away. Marches free games were all the game i was interested in at the time but Persona 4. I personally like the Free games over the discounts. Once you download them you can re-get them as long as you are still a plus member. It is not perfect but I am very skeptical of buying digital products on consoles. I love steam and getting my PC games there so I can play them on all my PCs. When I upgrade they all just go with me. So far all the consoles keep asking me to re-buy all the games I either already own on the last generation or bought digitally previously. Wii is the worst! I got a bunch of Virtual Console game when the system launched. Most don't work on a WiiU or my 3DS and nintendo seems to think I might buy them again. Screw them. They should make it easier. I would buy more digitally if I didn't think I was going to get screwed in the next cycle.

When I bought my vita I had some of my friends pick on me. I got the laugh on them though. Several of the more recent games have made them more interested. Now it is not so funny.
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

by Alex Connolly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:56 am

The PSP library was absolutely insane regarding variety. The Vita isn't there yet, but it certainly has a lot of fine wares on the table and in the pipeline.
Previous