Here we investigate the overlooked, the underappreciated, the Shameworthy titles of the world. Jump in to an existing mission thread and give your thoughts, or start your own to kick off a discussion.
User

Rampant Bicycle

Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Favorite Genres

RPGs (many varieties), adventure games, sims and puzzles.

Now Playing

Bravely Default, Story of Seasons (forthcoming), Monster Hunter 4

Re: Her Story - Making The Case For FMV

by Rampant Bicycle » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:33 pm

An addendum to what's been said about Her Story so far - Sam Barlow is also the creator of the famous-in-a-very-small-niche interactive fiction title "Aisle," in which you get one and only one move. Playable online here.

Aisle was one of the first of the "one move" genre, a kind of minimalist-mechanics experiment that seems to have gotten a visual upgrade here. Like Her Story, one is really exploring a moment in time by playing it out in different ways, though the "moment" in Her Story is rather longer. The idea of taking an incident and turning it this way and that to affect the way it's viewed, though, seems to be a favorite of his. (He's also worked on Silent Hill: Origins and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, both of which also have a bit of this element in them).
User

Alex Connolly

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:40 pm

Kagoshima, JPN

Favorite Genres

Early Access Curios

Now Playing

Helldivers perennially, knicknacks, paddywacks, dog bones.

Re: Her Story - Making The Case For FMV

by Alex Connolly » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:54 pm

I'll have to save that one for this eve, Rampant. Not playing nice on my phone, but it sounds fascinating.

Re: Her Story...I hope nobody plays with the CRT screen glare switched off. Because that would be killing a very important part of the visual experience.
Previous